One of the highlights of using Firmwater LMS is the freedom and flexibility to customize yours and your clients’ sites. Our customizations include tailored email notifications triggered by the LMS. We have developed this new feature to put you in control of email content for yours and your client sites. In one place, you can easily edit, and update the email templates for all sites.
If you need to edit the text in the welcome message or add information to the due date reminder, this is now possible through the Email Configuration interface. If you make any changes to the existing email template you can send a test email to the email address of your choice, and see the changes made.
If changes are made at the master level, the update will automatically carry through for any client sites that are inheriting the master email templates. Your client administrators can also edit the email notifications for their organization. This allows you to more efficiently oversee multiple clients with Firmwater LMS.
The next time you need to update the master email template, or make a change for a client, follow these steps:
- In the relevant organization, go to the ‘Configuration’ tab and select ‘Emails’ from the grey sub-menu. The next page is the list of all email templates available for editing.
- Scroll to the email template you wish to edit and click on ‘Edit template’. Next, you will see the email template broken down into the subject and body sections.
- Two tabs are available to you for editing. These offer the email template in plain text and HTML formats.
- Make any edits required and click ‘Save Changes’.
- To see your changes in effect, select ‘Send test email’ to the email address of your choice.
We hope you enjoy the new release. If you have any questions or comments about this new feature, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.