Do you want to convert your VILT/ILT training into e-learning but are unsure of what tools to use? This post walks you through why digital conversion is beneficial for your business and how to optimize the process. We also go in-depth on all the best tools for converting VILT/ILT to e-learning and how you can benefit from going digital.
Quick Benefit Overview
Taking instructor-led courses, be they virtual or in person, and turning them into e-learning courses can benefit your business in innumerable ways. Best of all, it makes your training much more cost efficient. You don’t have to worry about hiring a trainer, paying for travel, or buying costly course materials to hand out during training sessions. The money that you save by creating engaging courses with your current recorded content can be put back into your business to help you grow. E-learning makes it easier to scale your training business to reach your goals for growth.
Best Tools for Converting VILT/ILT to E-Learning
There are three critical aspects of converting training:
- You must design for audiences in different locations and on different devices.
- You have to consider that it takes more work to engage online audiences.
- You need to determine how you will assess the learner’s progress.
Using the right tools for the job can make dealing with critical aspects of conversion much easier.
First, many tools offer flexibility for different devices without much work involved for you. For example, a good tool will automatically adjust for a user’s specific screen or device. Second, using tools that have extra features will help you build engagement into your courses. Many of the top tools have stock assets and pre-made slides and course frameworks to assist you in building a professional, highly engaging course. Third, the best tools will have assessment tools readily available. You can easily create assessments and run reports to see how your learners are doing, enabling you to keep growing and improving.
The top tools are:
- Articulate Storyline: Build interactive courses with assessments, a large stock asset library, and a review app. There are many content options and ways to use the program, including software simulation and screen recording.
- Articulate Rise: This is a cloud-based, responsive web development tool with built-in interactions and branched scenarios. This tool can take your content to the next level using its block design.
- Adobe Captivate: Quickly create mobile-friendly courses with automated branching, ready-to-go slides, and interactive PowerPoints. This tool can take more time to learn, but you’ll be rewarded with professional courses such as virtual walkthroughs and 360 degree experiences.
- Lectora: This is a popular course builder with ready-to-go course frameworks and interactive wireframe templates. You can create incredible interactivity with the new scrolling actions.
- iSpring: Design professional, interactive courses and assessments with ease. Get creative and try making video-based quizzes.
Choosing the Best LMS
Picking the best LMS for your business is vital to your success. Choose one that will help you reach your business goals. For one thing, you should ensure that your chosen LMS vendor has the reports that you need to measure the results of your e-learning. Don’t waste your budget on ineffective training. Using measuring tools and reports to continuously update and improve your e-learning will help create a booming business. Your LMS should also make it easy for you to load and update content and build courses, which will ultimately save you time and money.
You should also review the UI of your LMS; make sure it’s easy for your users to navigate. You want them to get the best experience possible when they take your courses. In that same vein, pay attention to the level of customization that you can offer clients. Your LMS should have the ability to create branded client sites and build custom courses for different clients.
Lastly, you want an LMS that will integrate with a good e-commerce site. For example, Shopify is one of the largest e-commerce companies and has many resources and tools to help you succeed. You can quickly and easily set up an online storefront for your training business. You can customize your site, build an online presence, add a “quick buy” button to your existing website, or choose another of the many sales channels available. Training courses can be uploaded and sold immediately without sales limits. Purchase and delivery happen instantly on Shopify, without any additional work from you.
When you deliver training through e-learning courses, you can offer more options to learners. They can access courses at any time and place and don’t have to work around the schedule of a trainer. In-person training is synchronous, but e-learning can be either synchronous or asynchronous, giving you and your clients plenty of flexibility. Use this post to decide which of the best tools for converting VILT/ILT to e-learning is right for you.
Here at Firmwater, we don’t just sell an LMS for training providers. We partner with them, giving them the tools and insights that they need to implement the best practices in e-learning course development, business growth, and delivery. When they need help, we don’t let them wade through forums and chatbots.
Ready to use an LMS that’s designed for the way YOU work, with a team dedicated to YOUR needs? Book a no-obligation consultation directly with our team today!